TONY AGAR MRIN
RYA Yachtmaster Ocean Sail & Motor
A sprightly 72 year-old, I started dinghy sailing in my late teens but then moved to the company motor yacht for a number of years. Returning in 1987 to sail, I spent several seasons with RORC before turning professional in 1995. Since then, I have been running my own Yacht Delivery Company when not instructing for Sunsail or the UKSA and more latterly my own Anchorage Sea School.
I started the Anchorage Sea School as a shorebased establishment to continue my keen interest in Celestial Navigation which I now enjoy through my membership of the Royal Institute of Navigation.
My experience of skippering and handling all manner of yachts, which now amounts to well over 75,000NM, engenders a quiet confidence in both owners and crew alike, which I am pleased to say results in many repeat engagements and recommendations.
- MCA Master 200 GT 1995-2020 unlimited
- RYA Yachtmaster Ocean Sail and Power Commercially Endorsed until 2020
- RYA Shorebased Instructor
- ENG1 Medical until 2020
- Ship’s Captain Medical Officer
- RYA Professional Practices and Responsibilities Instructor
- Principal Anchorage Sea School since 1998
- Principal Tony Agar Yacht Deliveries since 1995
- Freelance RYA Instructor since 1995 until 2017
- Sunsail UK also chief instructor Canaries 3 times
- UKSA ex-“British Steel” Challenge Yacht instructor/skipper
- UKSA Caribbean Ocean Training Instructor 2003
- Freelance Yacht Delivery Skipper since 1995